Sunday, June 19, 2011

Kesari

I eat this dessert at least twice a week. One of the easiest recipes with very few ingredients and yet tastes wonderful. I am more of a dessert person and I always finish my meal with some thing sweet. When there are no sweets at home - I shift to my plan B [Milk chocolates]. I always have a stack of milk chocolates at home, just to be on the safe side :). Now it must be clear that I looooooove sweets. So here comes my favorite sweet.

Ingredients:

Milk - 2.5 cups
Rawa - 1 cup [semolina]
Butter - 2.5 tbsp
Cashews - 10
Sugar - to taste [ I used 3/4 cup:)]
Cardamom powder - 1 pinch

Procedure:
  1. Heat 1 tbsp of Butter in a pan. Fry cashews in the butter and keep them aside. 
  2. To the same pan add semolina and fry till the raw smell is gone completely. 
  3. Add milk slowly at regular intervals and keep mixing. 
  4. Add sugar and cardamom powder and keep mixing for at least 5 to 8 mins till the whole mixture becomes little stiff. 
  5. Add fried cashews and the remaining butter and mix well till you get the desired consistency. 
Enjoy while it is hot!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment