Saturday, October 8, 2011

Spring Onion pancakes (Indian version of pancakes)

It took me a long time to get back to my blog and I am happy to start over again with this special recipe. Since this is my comeback recipe, I wanted to make some thing with fewer ingredients and at the same time tastes delicious. In simple words I wanted to make something that is very very easy to prepare. Well, I found one. I made like 10 of these for two people and believe me they are not sufficient. Takes less then 10 mins to prepare and less than 1 min to be gone. So.. with out any further delay here comes my special recipe.

Ingredients:

Chickpea flour - 1 cup
Semolina - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Rice flour - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
Salt - to taste
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Water - 1 cup
Ginger (grated) - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2 
Spring onions - 4 
Cilantro - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 pinch
Oil - 1 tsp for each pancake

Preparation:
  1. Mix chickpea flour, semolina, cumin seeds, rice flour, turmeric powder, salt, yogurt, grated ginger, chopped green chillies in a bowl.
  2. Add water to the above and keep mixing till it forms in to a light batter. 
  3. Add chopped spring onions and chopped cilantro to the above and mix well.
  4. Add in the baking powder just before making the pancakes and mix well. 
  5. Heat a nonstick pan and drizzle few drops of oil. Add about a quarter cup of the above batter on the pan and spread it evenly. Add few more drop of oil on the surface of the pancake. 
  6. Cook till the pancake turns golden brown [as shown in the pic] on the bottom side and then flip it to the other side. Let it cook on the other side for about a min and then remove from the pan. 
Enjoy with some ketchup on the side..!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment