Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chicken Sandwich - Indian version

Finally!!!! here comes my first blog in 2011. First of all wish you all a very very happy & prosperous new year. Couldn't blog the last few months as I was in India having loads and loads of fun. But, now that I am back in Germany, here is my chance to explore my talent in cooking. I wanted to start with a simple recipe in 2011. To be honest, it is an experiment and never thought it would be tasty. We (myself and my husband) totally loved this simple yet delicious recipe and I can imagine myself making it once every week. 

Ingredients:

Chicken Sausage : 1 tin (6 to 7 medium)
Onion - 1 Medium 
Tomato - 1 medium
Cheese - to your taste (I like to use less cheese)
Chilli garlic sauce - 2 to 3 tsp
Salt - to taste
Tomato ketchup - to spread on sandwich base
Turkish bread - 1 (looks like bigger version of flat bread used for kebabs)
Oil - 1 tsp

Procedure:
  1. Cut the chicken sausages in to small pieces as show in the pic. 
  2. Add oil in to a pan and fry the above for few mins. Add 2.5 tsp of chilli garlic sauce and fry for few more mins. Taste a piece and add some salt if required. Fry for few mins and switch off the stove.
  3. Cut onions, tomatoes and cheese as shown in the pic. (Grated cheese can also be used).
  4. Try to cut the flat bread in the middle, parallel to the surface, in a way convenient to make a sandwich. 
  5. Take the base of the bread and spread tomato ketchup and chilli garlic sauce evenly. (Chilli garlic - optional). 
  6. Arrange sliced tomatoes, onions on the base and spread fried chicken sausage (from step 2) and the cheese pieces as shown in the main pic. 
  7. Spread little chilli garlic sause or tomato ketchup on the top. 
  8. Place the base in the over at 180 C for about 5 to 8 mins. 
  9. Cover the sandwich with the top layer and apply pressure gently on the top so that it sticks to the base, and place it back in the oven at 180 C for another 5 mins. 
Enjoy while it is hot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment